Information we collect
We collect information to improve our Services for our users and improve our business.
We collect information in several ways:
- Information you give us or information provided through a social network. For example, some of our Services require you to sign up for an account, provide information, or it may be possible for you to link to our Website through an account on a social network that you utilize. We work with social networks including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. If you link to our Website through one of those social networks, or many other third-party websites, we will have access to information about you that you directly provide and information that those social networks have gathered about you based on your privacy settings on those networks.
- Information we get from your use of our Services. We will have access to and may collect information about the Services that you use and how often you use them, like when you visit different parts of our Website or applications and what selections you make on the Services.
- Information we automatically collect. We also automatically collect certain technical information such as:
- Device information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device (like a cellphone or smartphone) to access the Website).
- Log information
When you use our Services, use our Website, or view content or materials provided by us, we automatically collect and store certain information. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries;
- mobile related information if you access our website using your mobile device;
- your internet protocol address (IP Address);
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL;
- Browser type, operating system, and other technical information
Some web browsers have settings that include “do not track signals.” Our services are not currently engineered to respond to those signals from browsers.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new Services and offerings and to protect us and our users. We also use this information to offer you personalized content – for example, we will offer you more relevant search results and advertisements.
Occasionally, we may use your email address to inform you about changes, improvements, and opportunities available by or through our Website and/or Services.
We may also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to review and analyze Website usage, to improve our Services, and to change, improve, or customize the Website’s materials, content, layout, and Services.
Please keep in mind that comments sections, forums, and other similar areas of our services are public. Any information posted by You, or anyone else, in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
If we provide you with any mailings or other communication, you can always opt out of that communication.
To review, delete, correct and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, you may login into your account to make the changes, or you may contact us at interestingshit.com/contact. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, outside organizations, third-parties and/or individuals unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent:
We will share personal information if we have your consent to do so.
- For external processing:
We use the services of affiliates, subsidiaries and unrelated third-party service providers in the operation and improvement of the Website and our Services, and may transfer personal information to them in the course of our use of their Services. For example, we may use a third-party to operate our support services. This may involve the hosting of data, including personal information, on servers operated by those providers. These third-party entities are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Personal information may be maintained and processed by our affiliates, subsidiaries and unrelated service providers in the US or other jurisdictions. When personal information is in another jurisdiction for processing it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction. For additional information about the manner in which our third-party service providers treat personal information, contact us.
- For legal reasons:
We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer:
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we would use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Website/Services.
- In aggregated form for business purposes:
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners we have a relationship with, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
Backyard strives to protect your information (including your personal information). For this reason, have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect information in our custody and control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use the Website and Services at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account (like using a strong password).
Children under 13
If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our site, please contact us at interestingshit.com/contact.
Service location and international transfers
Our website and associated services are hosted in the United States & Canada. If you are outside the United States & Canada, your information will be processed and stored in the United States & Canada and you are consenting to such processing and storage.